Friday 27 January 2017

Rant about Sandyford

Hello. I am recovering from illness at the moment so this blog post may be a little bit hard to follow but anyway here we go.

So lately I have been thinking a lot about my transition to achieve a more masculine appearance. This is because this week for the second time in a row my appointment at Sandyford was cancelled. I am still feeling rather pissed off about this as it was in the start of January two years ago that my first referral to the clinic. My first appointment was in July of 2016. Over a year later. Now the amount of time taken to get to this point is a point of extreme distress to me. Especially considering i still do not know if i am eligible to be referred on to the medical team to get assessed by them. After two years I am at the point where i still have my final meeting to go to finish my initial assessment. My dysphoria has become gradually worse over this time as my body matures through natural puberty. I had a late puberty and only started developing a chest at 15. I started binding however at the age of 14 as i was terrified at the thought of growing breasts. Now that did fortunately alleviate my dysphoria but left me with crippling back and chest pain due to the fact i was binding unsafely with bandages. NEVER bind with bandages they are very painful and there is a high risk of breaking a
rib.

Now im going to go to sleep before i go on a non stop rant about the NHS. Thank you and Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment